Skip to main content

Competition Project - Tutorial Feedback

It was really helpful to get feedback mid way through the project. 

Luke said that so far I seem to be on the right track in terms of planning and research/development. I know that I still have a lot to do for the animation to be complete, but it was reassuring to know that I am heading in the right direction. Luke gave me a few suggestions which were helpful. 

He said I should plan and think about the transitions between scenes. I have done this a bit, but I have changed my storyboard slightly, and so I need to reconsider some transitions. He suggested that for the scene with the broken clock, to transition to the next scene I could try to have the camera follow a broken piece down to the floor. I hadn't thought of this before, and I am definitely planning to try it and see what it looks like. 

He also said I could think about the types of texture I use as they are all very similar so far. I didn't want the textures to overpower the imagery and to clash too much, and so made some of them quite subtle. I have been using a limited number of painted textures that I have edited in Photoshop to keep some consistency. He suggested I could try some variations, for example trying out larger brush strokes for a background, or block colour to give some contrast, which I have already started using. 

I was a bit unsure about the end scene, as I thought the phone disappearing was too similar to the alarm clock breaking. We discussed it, and came up with the idea of using the icons (graph, Oyster card, coffee cup etc) more as objects rather than smaller/dream-like. I like this idea because it means that the character can interact with them more, as they become more like obstacles that overwhelm the character. 

I plan to continue making the images ready to animate, and to animate as much as I can before the crit. I will also update my storyboard and my animatic. 







Comments