Skip to main content

Designer, Maker, User at the Design Museum

For my IPS and dissertation, I am interested in exploring the objects we own and our relationship with them. I went to the Design Museum to look at their permanent display, including a collection of objects chosen by the public in response to being asked what their favourite/most important objects are. The collection was diverse yet familiar. 

I found the collection really interesting to look at. These objects are significant in most people's lives. Some things were repeated, such as the humble ceramic mug. I would like to explore objects as part of my IPS, looking at what objects people surround themselves with and consider important in their lives, and the stories behind them. This exhibition has inspired me to ask people to choose an object as part of my research. I think this approach will be useful because it will give me lots of research, and will help me shape my narratives for animations. 




Comments