Skip to main content

Bookbinding Workshop with John Bentley

Since foundation, I have been interested in making books by hand. I found it really helpful to learn the proper techniques during this workshop with John, although it was very short. The examples that John showed us were all very different, and it showed me how many different ways there are to bind a book. I liked looking at the less conventional ones, such as pop up books and books in a box. Although I am not making a book for my final outcome of my biography project, I feel that the methods will definitely  help me in later projects. Also, I have considered making up a book and using stills from my animation, which I hope I will have time to make. 

During the workshop, I made two types of book - one with two separate covers that bend, and one with a proper spine.





Comments