Skip to main content

Creative Media Camp 2018 - Canon and Ideas Foundation

Whilst working as an outreach ambassador for UAL, I was fortunate enough to get asked again to make a short film for Canon and Ideas Foundation, showing some behind the scenes footage of the Creative Media Camp hosted at Chelsea. I worked at the 2017 Creative Media Camp, and it was a great experience to be able to return again this year and make another film. 

I spent the whole week filming and taking photos, and by the end of the week I was the photographer at Canon HQ for the pitches and the announcement of the winner. I really enjoyed being able to practice editing a film.

It was rewarding to be given so much freedom and trust. The mentors running the workshop gave me complete creative freedom, and trusted me to be able to get it done in time to show at the end of the week. Once the film was completed, they wanted to be surprised and so didn't watch the film themselves until it was shown to everyone at Canon HQ. It was amazing to be trusted so much with it. I really enjoyed the process of making it, and would love to do more things like this if given the opportunity. 

The feedback I received was very positive. The film was shown to Ideas Foundation mentors, UAL staff and ambassadors, Canon staff, Simeon Quarrie and the students and their families, and they all gave me great feedback. It was particularly rewarding to get feedback from Simeon because he gave me specific feedback about what he liked about it, and gave me some advice for next time. He also advised me to request testimonials from Canon, Ideas Foundation and himself, as this would make it look even better on my CV and in my portfolio. Receiving good feedback from staff at Canon was also very exciting, and they seemed keen to use the video and some of my photos in their promotional material for the camp. I am excited to see what happens. 

Working on the film this week has made me realise even more that I want to continue working in moving image as part of my practice.

The film can be found using this link:
Ideas Foundation, Canon and UAL - Creative Media Camp 2018






Comments

  1. Thanks so much Chloe. We loved having you work with us for the second year running! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work and excellent attitude. It was a pleasure seeing your mind work creatively.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so impressed Chloe with what you created in a week and managed to edit for the Friday. A great way to start finals day :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment